Friday 31 May 2013

Its never too early to start your job hunt

This is the first post on the first blog of my life. I have not been much into blog reading or writing so pardon me if I commit a mistake that is considered to be a crime in the world of blogging. :p
I am now 99.109589% Mechanical Engineer with 13 days left to my Final Year Project Submission. And after 17 days I will be starting my first job as Management Trainee :)
The reason I am starting this blog
is to help other student specially the Pakistani students with the problems they usually face during the the final year of their academic life.
Within the past two months I was called for eight different job interviews. My first job offer letter was in my hand 1 month before the date of my graduation. Even now I have an interview scheduled to be held right now which I am skipping because I don't find that job much attractive than the one I already have got confirmation for. But not every one else around me was as lucky as I was. Only 4% of my batch mates have got job confirmations. One thing I want to make clear is that I my GPA of 3.07 ranks me in the bottom 50 of the 200 students in my batch.So its not even the GPA that earned me the interviews. The only thing that made me different is that I started my job hunt earlier in a planned and systematic manner. As far as the word "Earlier" is concerned, I would suggest you to start planning for your future right now even if you are in the first year of your professional degree program.Because
ITS NEVER TOO EARLY TO START YOUR JOB HUNT !

No comments:

Post a Comment